This eLearning package takes a step-by-step walk through the ISO 27001 standard, and is compatible with all Learning Management Systems that support SCORM.
This SCORM package was updated in July 2021.
About Our “Steps” courses:
Our Steps to the Standard series of courses are designed to provide you with step-by-step guidance for meeting each clause and requirement of the standard, helping you set up your management system in a logical order. Interactive examples demonstrate tried and tested methods for designing your documentation, with useful hints and tips to help keep you on track.
ISO 27001; 2013 Steps – Content Breakdown.
Lesson 1: Introduction
- Information Security Basics
- Purchasing the Standard
- Clause 1 – Scope of 27001
- Clause 2 – Normative References
- Clause 3 – Terms and Definitions
- Clause 4 – Context of the Organisation
- Clause 5.1 – Leadership and Commitment
- Clause 5.2 – Policy
- Clause 5.3 – Organisational Roles, Responsibilities and Authority
- Clause 6.1 – Actions to Address Risks and Opportunities
- Clause 6.1.1 – Information Security Risk Assessment
- Clause 6.1.2 – Information Security Risk Treatment
- Clause 6.2 – Information Security Objectives and Planning to Achieve Them
- Clause 7.1 – Resources
- Clause 7.2 – Competence
- Clause 7.3 – Awareness
- Clause 7.4 – Communication
- Clause 7.5 – Documented Information
- Clause 8.1 – Operational Planning and Control
- Clause 8.2 – Information Security Risk Assessment
- Clause 8.3 – Information Security Risk Treatment
- Clause 9.1 – Monitoring, Measurement, Analysis and Evaluation
- Clause 9.2 – Internal Audit
- Clause 9.3 – Management Review
- Clause 10.1 – Non-Conformity and Corrective Action
- Clause 10.2 – Continual Improvement
- Annex A Controls
- Statement of Applicability Documents
- Risk Treatment Options
Who can Take this Course?
This course is suitable for those who are completely new to ISO 27001, and those who have some knowledge of the standard, and is designed to assist in the implementation of an Information Security Management System to the requirements of the ISO standard.
How do I put the Course on my LMS?
This SCORM Package arrives as a set of zip files (one for each lesson), which can be uploaded directly into your SCORM compatible LMS. Your LMS will record which employees have taken the course and when, allowing you to adequately manage your competency and training requirements (clause 7 of the standard).
What if my LMS isn’t SCORM Compatible?
Questions about SCORM? Head over to our FAQ page!
Need some help with ISO Standards, Management Systems, Audits or anything else? Our friends over at Assent Risk Management have qualified and experienced consultants ready to assist you.